Thursday, May 24, 2007

If it makes you happy, it cant be that bad

A friend just told me about a book she is reading. Its called Ek Chithara Sukh by Nirmal Verma. I havent read the book but immediately liked what I thought it was about. We all chase the ephemeral moment of happyness. I have heard, it takes little to make us happy. I have heard that happiness is delinked from income or material things. I have even heard that happiness is love. Maybe all of us have our own version of it. . Maybe all of us lack it in our own unique way.

Hmm, that gets me to think about what makes me happy? Coming home and listening to some solid riffs does. So do things like spending a day at Dilli Haat, talking about possibilities at Cafe Leopold, finding lost comfort at Turquoise Cottage, seeing Bunty run down the basketball court (no actually thats a moment of pure mirth). I treasure all these things. I treasure all the people I do them with.

Lot has been said on this topic. People have used tones ranging from wistful nostalgia to new age detachment to pure simple exasperation. I cant possibly add anything more meaningful.

So, I quote a line from a song i like. "If it makes you happy, it cant be that bad."

9 comments:

lemontree said...

And you just did add something meaningful! Good to see you becoming a avid blogger!

nice song!

Asparsh said...

Tolstoy starts Anna karenina with : "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."
If it makes you happy..you managed to capture the thought in an equally beautiful way...

Unknown said...

your spelling of "happiness" is wrong here-"We all chase the ephemeral moment of happyness".

I hope you know there should be an "i" over there instead of "y".

Asparsh said...

I suggest that (as a self-respecting blogger) you should delete this blog and start over new.
Happyness? what the fuck...

Anonymous said...

HAPPYNESS is killing me!!!

Anonymous said...

AMYT

Unknown said...

maybe its time to rename puneet's orkut community to-pandey aur sharma sahab bhagwaan hain....

Anki said...

What's all the fuss about 'Y'...reality check guys! happiness is so much more utopic, non-achievable… happyness is the reality of today…always looking for this reason (read: Y) to be happy! the pursuit itself is a lot more comforting…
A creative liberty well taken…
Or perhaps, a Freudian slip well deserved ;)

Anonymous said...

triggered a lot of ideas in my head....which made me want to comment.....but now that i'm here don't kno wot i want to say....:-)
stay happy !!!